Services Golf Club October 2015 Newsletter.
- We are pleased to announce the appointment of our new Support / Day Manager Mr Deon Frisby who starts duty on 2 November 2015. We wish him well in his new position and assure him all of our support.
- We are also pleased to announce the appointment of the new Night Manager Mr Francois le Grange who will be taking over from our good friend and stalwart Jimmy Reynolds whom we may see on the Golf Course now as the Club awarded him Corporate Membership in thanks and appreciation for his services.
- Thanks to all for a very successful “Members for Members Golf Day” well attended and enjoyed by all! Thanks to Werner and his staff for all their hard work and organising. Thanks to our GM for all the sponsorships and prizes.
- Apologies to all for the Night Golf which was cancelled at short notice due to the Organiser’s loss due to theft of his equipment.
- It seems as if the Greenkeeper is preparing too easy greens with no less than 2 Holes in One – J Pool and H Raubenheimer ! With limited rain, thanks to the Greenkeeper for the excellent condition of the course.
- Next Monthly Medal is on 7 November.
- The ladies will be having their annual year end Competition on 21st November so to those regulars, you may tee of a little later.
- The Club Christmas Competition will be held on 28 and 29 November with Braai packs for members.
- The Preferred Lie Rule will remain in place until further notice.
- All members are requested to please ensure they enter their correct scores on the computer - these should not differ to those entered on Scorecards.
- Congratulations to the Services Members who played in the World Military Championships in Korea with our ladies Karin Watts and Lea van der Berg who won a bronze medal and the men ended 11th in the competition.
Ken Jones (Vice Chairman)